Now you can run desktop applications from the browsers itself. Spoon.net provide one such service which let users to access and run their favorite Desktop Applications from the browser without installing them on the PC. It is said to be the next big thing after virtualization. Spoon is a virtualization platform that lets you run desktop applications from the cloud.
You don’t need to install the applications on the PC. They are run from the browser itself. It provides Cloud environment to run Desktop Applications anytime anywhere.
So what is a Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is location-independent computing, whereby shared servers provide resources, software, and data to computers and other devices on demand, as with the electricity grid. Cloud computing is a natural evolution of the widespread adoption of virtualization, service-oriented architecture and utility computing. Details are abstracted from consumers, who no longer have need for expertise in, or control over, the technology infrastructure “in the cloud” that supports them. (from Wikipedia.org)
How does Spoon.net works?
- Spoon.net uses a plugin (Java) to run Desktop Applications from browser. For this you need to visit spoon.net and install the provided plug-in, you will be able to access these applications you love without having to worry about installing or updating them.
Before you can run Application from spoon.net you need to register at https://secure.spoon.net/Manage/Login.aspx .
Creating an account
- Once you are done with registration you are ready to run applications. Applications are available in following categories (& more are going to be added continuously).
- Home and Hobbies
- Office Suites
- Project Management
- Word Processing
- Some of the famous applications are:
- Open Office
- Firefox 3.5
- Opera 10
- Just click and launch.
Benefits of Spoon.net
- No need to install different softwares on your PC.
- No need to carry them with you where ever you go.
- It’s Free to use (except some paid applications).
- It helps in reducing the cost of Hardware and Softwares.
- It uses browser to run applications.
- You can also run different latest browsers – firefox, opera, safari and internet explorer (coming soon) without installing them. Wow browser from browser.
- Run Games without installing.