304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
In Delhi, Aircel is one of the major mobile gprs internet providers. And they have attractive GPRS packages comparing to other who are just eating up money without giving ample Data to download. Recently I purchased a 03 Months 09 GB @ 03 GB per month GPRS Packs as like many other Delhiites. But I was disappointed when I tried GPRS Internet on my PC, I was unable to browse blogs hosted by BLOGSPOT and it was unable to find the server. Even talking with Aircel Customer Care was useless, after a 10 minutes hot talking with him, he suggested me to set http://www.google.com as my Home Page and Restart the phone to browse Internet (or to disconnect the call ). This post is going to help you if you are having difficulty on browsing websites through GPRS.
Solution to this problem is just very simple. We are going to use Public DNS provided by Google instead of the Aircel’s auto assigned DNS.
In this post I have used Windows 7 and Nokia OVI Suite for Internet.
1. Click on the Network Icon
2. Here you will find the Nokia C6-00 USB Modem (Nokia Ovi Suite):
3. Right click on Nokia C6-00 USB Modem (Nokia Ovi Suite) and select properties, Network properties dialog box will appear. In the dialog box select TAB – Networking. In Networking properties, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCPIPv4) and click on Properties button:
4. Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCPIPv4) Properties dialog box will open:
5. Here we will change DNS Address as follows:
Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11. So now our new setting looks like following:
6. Click OK on all dialog boxes to save all settings.
Now you can connect to GPRS Internet and all sites will work perfectly.
Above technique can be used on all types of Mobile GPRS Internet to speed up the browsing speed.
You can read more about Google Public DNS here.