In October, 2009 Microsoft released its most amazing Operating System i.e. Windows 7 and it has been over a year that Windows 7 has gained popularity worldwide and has established itself as best Operating System (OS) for PCs to the date. In this post I am providing some interesting and amazing facts about Windows 7 OS, collected from different magazines and internet. Read on to know 10 Most amazing facts about Windows 7.
Amazing facts about Windows 7
- Do you know that Microsoft Windows 7 is a major source of revenue for Microsoft till date. Windows 7 has generated the highest revenue for Microsoft.
- Windows 7 has added over $62 billion to the Microsoft revenue.
- Over 175 million copies of Microsoft were sold in first 09 months of Windows 7 launch. That comes to 175000000/9*30 = approx. 648148 copies sold per day = 07 copies sold per second. Seven copies sold per day, wow. Seven seems to be luck for Microsoft.
- Pre-ordering demand for Windows 7 surpassed the Windows Vista’s first 17 weeks demands in just 08 hours.
- Windows 7 gained the 4 percent market share in just 03 weeks, while Windows Vista took 07 months to reach this height.
- Windows not only has beaten the demand of Microsoft earlier Operation Systems but has also given a tough (or the toughest) competition to its Competitors like Apple. Within just two weeks of launching Microsoft Windows 7 surpassed the Apple’s MAC OS X Snow Leopard.
- To the best of my knowledge, Windows 7 is the only OS with so much different versions of an OS. Windows 7 has Six different versions. Each version (from top to bottom), meant for different user type, is having some extra feature and adding some new functionality based on user type. Windows 7 is available in following six versions (to suit different needs):
- Starter (OEM only) – for PC manufacturers
- Home Basic – for Startup PC users
- Home Premium – for some Advance PC users, like my son
- Professional – for Office users
- Enterprise – for Advance Office users
- Ultimate – for the person (geek) who want to taste it all
- Microsoft was expected to sell 300-million copies of Windows 7 licenses by the end of calendar year 2010
- Have most of the Hardware Drivers.
- Install most of the drivers by itself from the Internet.